Code of Conduct
The South African Society of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery CREDO
As a member of the Society I will endeavour:
- to use my knowledge and skills to promote and protect health of my patients.
- to place medical care above consideration of race, gender, creed, social standing or financial gain.
- to respect the rights of my patients.
- to respect the right to informed consent for surgical procedures.
- to recognise the need to consult with or refer to my colleagues when necessary.
- to maintain and improve my professional skills and submit to peer review.
- to help my colleagues whenever possible and protect their rights.
- to practice cost effective medicine while maintaining the highest standards of patient care.
- to promote integrity and insight within the medical profession.
- to promote the aims of the South African Society of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery.